This is one of the rare occasions where I painted both hands with the same theme, so this will be a two part post today and tomorrow. I based the designs off of current women's apparel at the Banana Republic Factory Store, for a fall fashion look.
- Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - White On
- Wet n Wild - Black Crème
- Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Wet Cement
- Ulta - Gray Couture
- Bundle Monster Stamping Lacquer - Black Noir
- Blackheart Beauty - Medium Metallic Blue
- Rimmel 60 Seconds Extreme - Mania
- Bundle Monster Stamping Lacquer - Crimson Red
- Ulta - Moody Blues
- Nail art brush
- Gold caviar beads
- Bundle Monster stamping plate - BM19 (herringbone print)
- Rubber stamper
- 2mm and 3mm round silver studs
- 2mm and 3mm round gold studs
- Nail striping tape
- Base and top coats
Each item the nails represent can be found in stores (most online as well) right now. To create this look:
- Apply the base colors - thumb in white, ring in Moody Blues (or any navy blue polish), and the rest in black.
- Use a nail art brush and white polish to paint a heart on the index
finger. Once dry, use the herringbone print (BM19) and black polish to stamp over the heart.
- For the middle finger, use a nail art brush and Mania to dab on various metallic green splotches. Repeat the process with Medium Metallic Blue. Coat with clear top coat and apply a 2mm and a 3mm gold round stud to the base of the nail (not pictured).
- Apply nail striping tape to the ring finger, then paint the entire nail with white polish. When the tape is removed, there should now be navy blue stripes. Use a nail art brush and Crimson Red to paint "Ciao!" across the nail in cursive writing.
- Apply gold caviar beads to the pinky, and seal on with top coat.
- The thumb will be a grey plaid nail. First, start with Wet Cement to paint two thick vertical stripes, and one horizontal. The result should look like a large "H." Then paint crisscrossing stripes in the white area, and stripes around each grey border as seen in the first picture. Next, use Gray Couture to fill in the portions where the lighter grey thick stripes cross, and paint the same lines from the white square areas onto the newly formed grey square areas. Finally, use white polish to paint the same crisscrossing lines on the silver square areas. Add a 2mm and 3mm silver round stud to the base of the nail.