Here is part 2, otherwise known as my right hand, of the design. Again, these nails are inspired by current women's apparel items at the Banana Republic Factory Store. I rarely do matching hands anymore, so it was fun to have both hands in the same theme for a few days. Maybe it didn't bother me so much since each nail is so different.
The cat nail is one of my favorites. The same cat is on a cute graphic tee I bought the other day. Meow!
- Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - White On
- Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Wet Cement
- Bundle Monster Stamping Lacquer - Black Noir
- Icing - Marine Blue
- Ulta - Moody Blues
- China Glaze - Cherry Crystal
- Bundle Monster Stamping Lacquer - Angelic White
- Bundle Monster stamping plate - BM-204 (floral background)
- Bundle Monster stamping plate - BM-221 (cheetah print)
- Bundle Monster stamping plate - BM-419 (feather)
- Rubber stamper
- Nail art brush
- 2mm gold round stud
- Silver rectangle stud
- Gold textured round stud
- Nail striping tape
- Makeup sponge
- Base and top coats
Aside from the cat, most of the designs are just some simple stamping. To create this look:
- Apply the base colors - middle in Moody Blues, thumb in Marine Blue, and the rest in white.
- Using a nail art brush and black polish, paint a cat on the index finger. Add a 2mm gold round stud to the right of his head. On the graphic tee, that's where it says "Meow" in gold, but I didn't have enough space.
- Use white stamping polish to stamp the feather (BM-419) on the middle finger.
- Use Cherry Crystal and white polish on a wet makeup sponge to create a gradient on the ring finger. Once dry, use a black stamping polish to stamp the floral design (BM-204) over the gradient.
- Use nail striping tape to create lines on the pinky. The two open spaces at the base of the nail should be painted with Wet Cement, and the remainder of the nail in Moody Blues, and remove the tape. Add a silver rectangle stud to the base of the nail.
- Using black stamping polish, stamp the cheetah print (BM-221) on the thumb. Add a textured gold round stud to the base of the nail.
Seal everything on with top coat and you're good to go.