Cold weather always makes me want to drink hot chocolate. In fact, I just made some right now. This bright red mug over a snowy white background, is perfect for the holiday season.
- Wet n Wild - French White Crème
- Ulta - Frosted
- Silver glitter polish
- Red and brown acrylic paint (can also use nail polish)
- 2mm gold round stud
- Red rhinestones
- Nail art brush
- Base and top coats
This is an old mani that I'm finally writing a tutorial for, so there aren't any pictorial pics. Sorry about that. The design is pretty straight forward, so it shouldn't be too hard to follow my descriptions without the pictures. To create this look:
- Apply a white base color.
- Apply a couple coats of Frosted, for an icy look.
- Paint a red mug on the thumb. Be sure to leave the opening to the mug hollow (unpainted) so it can be filled with cocoa. Next, paint some brown inside the cup to represent the hot chocolate. Add some details to the mug with white - highlights to the rim and handle, and a heart design on the mug. Finally, add some glittery silver swirls above the mug for steam.
- Add a 2mm gold round stud to the base of the middle finger.
- Add a red rhinestone to the base of the index, ring, and pinky.