Fire burns brighter in the darkness. Today is the big day...The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 comes out! I can't wait to see it!!! In celebration, I painted some Mockingjay nails with the mockingjay surrounded by fire.
In a related, but unrelated note, I really want to learn archery. Why, you may ask? 1) Legolas. 2) Katniss Everdeen. 3) Daryl Dixon. Every time I see one of those characters, it renews my desire to learn archery. So far, my only experience with archery is limited to high school PE, and we had plastic bows and arrows with crappy feathers so they didn't fly straight no matter how well you aimed. One of these days maybe I'll sign up for a class or something. But back to nails...
- Wet n Wild - Black Crème
- Covergirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Glosstinis - Rogue Red
- Covergirl Ourlast Stay Brilliant Glosstinis - Seared Bronze
- Orly - Luxe
- Nail art brush
- Base and top coats
Luckily, I bought these Hunger Game polishes by Covergirl when Catching Fire came out, but if you don't have them, any glittery, fire mimicking polishes will do. To create this look:
- Apply a black base color to all nails.
- Working one nail at a time, apply a thick coat of black polish, then immediately add thick stripes of Rogue Red and Luxe to the tip.
- Take a pin, and drag it from the tip up to the middle of the nail, creating swirling lines that look like fire. Repeat this process for all nails except the middle.
- Using a nail art brush and Luxe, paint the mockingjay on the middle finger. Depending on how large or small you paint the bird, you might be able to fit its whole body.
- Use Seared Bronze to add some shadows to the mockingjay.