Negative space + gold studs + skull charm = awesome! This is a really quick look to create since it only requires one color of polish and stud/charm placement.
I received the Isosceles Triangle Nail Studs from Born Pretty Store in exchange for an honest review. I've been wanting some studs like this for a while, so I was thrilled to get to test them out for free. They are 3mm wide and 5mm long, so they are a good size. Because of this, they are best used so the length runs parallel with the length of your nail. If the studs are horizontal (like the two on my index), then they stick out and get caught on stuff since they aren't flush with the curve of the nail. But other than that, they are great! What kind of designs would you make with them? I'd love to hear your ideas in the comments below :)
To buy these or other nail art supplies from Born Pretty Store, use coupon code G
- Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - White On
- Isosceles Triangle Nail Studs
- Skull Mask Charm
- Masking tape and/or nail vinyls
- Nail art brush
- Krazy Glue
- Base and top coats
I kept the cutouts pretty geometric and simple since there would be a lot going on with the studs. To create this look:
- Apply a clear base coat.
- Use masking tape and/or various nail vinyl shapes to create different cutout effects on each nail, and paint white. For the thumb, I used a piece of masking tape to create a large triangle, the middle uses a curved French tip vinyl at an angle, ring uses a thick strip of masking tape, and pinky uses a teardrop vinyl at an angle. Immediately remove the tape/vinyls after painting. For the index finger, use a nail art brush and white polish to paint the outer edge of the nail, leaving a oval of negative space in the center.
- Apply triangle studs to all nails except the ring finger. Seal on with top coat.
- Glue the skull charm onto the ring finger.
Don't forget to use coupon code GHLQ10 for 10% off your purchase at Born Pretty Store.