Easter is right around the corner. This pink and gold splatter nail design is a nice abstract Easter look.
- Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Tickled Pink
- Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Coin Flip
- Base and top coats
- Cup of water
- Hair spray (spritz top, not aerosol)
Water spotting can be done with hair spray or hand sanitizer. The main thing is that you don't want a fine mist (so you want hair spray with a bad sprayer). Each drop of hair spray/sanitizer is what creates the holes in the polish, so an uneven spray is actually better. I had some technical difficulties with my splatter, since the new hair spray I bought was too misty. To create this look:
- Apply a pale pink base color.
- Use Coin Flip to create the water spotting. See my Spider Web Splatter post for a pictorial. Using a latex skin protector can help reduce the clean up (I forgot to use it).