It's February, so that means it is time for some Valentine's Day nails. Up first, patchwork hearts. Sometimes hearts get broken, but they can be fixed. The hearts are stamped using +Bundle Monster stamping plates and then colored in using the leadlight technique.
- Wet n Wild - Black Crème
- Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - White On
- Sinful Colors - Ruby Ruby
- Kleancolor - Chunky Holo Scarlet
- NYC - Preppy Pink
- Maybelline Color Show - Pink Shock
- Bundle Monster Stamping Lacquer - Black Noir
- Base and top coats
- Bundle Monster stamping plate - BM-607 (patchwork)
- Rubber stamper
- Nail art brush
- Dotting tool
This design uses the leadlight technique, so coloring in the stamping is super fast. If you are unfamiliar with this technique, there is a full explanation on the stamping tab above. To create this look:
- Apply a black base color.
- Use a nail art brush and white polish to paint hearts on each nail. Apply a layer of top coat to smooth it out before stamping.
- Use black stamping polish to stamp the patchwork design over each nail. Rotate the design so the patchwork looks different on each heart.
- Use the leadlight technique to color in the hearts. You'll need sheer polish to do this. If you don't have any, mix a drop of regular polish with some clear top coat (that's what I do). Use a dotting tool to color in each section of the patchwork with various reds and pinks.
Here's a shot of the thumb. Since the heart is bigger on that nail, the patchwork got to be more extensive.