"If you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there." -Cheshire Cat. That's kind of how I feel right now in my job hunt, as I try to find a career and move onto the next chapter of my life. I'm definitely Alice standing at the crossroads, trying to decide which way to go.
I received a special request for some Cheshire Cat nails from one of my Instagram followers, @kellyleverton. I decided to do the original Disney cartoon version, but I think I also want to try the updated Tim Burton version next. So stay tuned for that.
- Sally Hansen Triple Shine - Vanity Flare
- Revlon - Bubbly
- Wet n Wild - Black Creme
- Sally Hansen Insta-Dri - Lightening
- Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - White On
- Beautifully Disney - Enchanted Kiss
- Base and top coats
- Nail art brush
I had some technical difficulties with the Cheshire Cat's teeth. The polish was super tacky, so I ended up having to make them larger than I wanted, which equates to less teeth. But it doesn't look horrible. To create this look:
- Apply a purple base color.
- Use a nail art brush to paint the Cheshire Cat's muzzle in Bubbly, and yellow eyes.
- Use a nail art brush and a darker pink to paint curved lines on the other purple nails for the Cheshire Cat's stripes.
- Use black polish to block out the Cheshire Cat's mouth, and nose. Also paint the small details like whiskers, eyebrows, and pupils.
- Use white polish to paint in his teeth, and red polish to paint in his nose. Don't forget to go back with black polish to paint some nostrils.