This abstract look is really easy and really fast to create. I just used some dry brushing with foil and studs. The color scheme is still holiday, but the design has an artsy feel since the dry brush nails look like an abstract painting.
I received the gold rectangle studs from Born Pretty Store in exchange for an honest review. The studs themselves are 2.5mm wide and 7mm long. The gold is a really yellow gold, so it was hard to find any other studs to pair it with. But I guess with the size of these things, they work well alone. The studs adhere well to the nails and stayed on quite well compared to other studs I've used in the past and I didn't even use glue! I just added the studs to a wet coat of top coat, then sealed them on with a few more coats of clear top coat. I think next I want to try a color blocking look with these. To buy these studs or other nail art supplies, use coupon code GHLQ10 for 10% off at Born Pretty Store.
- Wet n Wild - Red Red
- Ulta - Envy
- Sally Hansen - White On
- Base and top coats
- Gold rectangle studs
- Gold nail foil
- It's So Easy Foil Glue
- Nail foil sealant
This design would look great in other colors too for when the holiday season is over. A black and white color scheme with a pop of color on the dry brush nails would work beautifully. To create this look:
- Apply the base colors - middle and ring fingers in white, and the rest in red.
- Use red polish to add some dry brushing to the white nails. To dry brush, wipe most of the polish off of the brush, then drag it here and there on the nail. You can do a test brushing on paper. I always do that to make sure there still isn't too much polish on the brush. It also helps dry off the brush more if needed.
- Repeat the dry brushing with Envy.
- Add some gold foil in a similar looking pattern on each nail. Use the nail foil glue to create the pattern, then apply foil once the glue is tacky and coat with foil sealant.
- Add a gold rectangle stud to the tips of each of the red nails, and seal on with lots of top coat to secure them on.