I know I promised holiday nails, but today, Arizona plays Oregon in the Pac-12 Championship Game. As a proud U of A alum, I had to paint some red and blue nails to show some school spirit. Go wildcats!!!
This year's football uniforms have a red/blue ombre sleeve, so I started with that for my inspiration. Glitter is always a necessity, so I decided to do a glitter ombre/gradient as well. They probably make University of Arizona nail decals, but sadly I do not have any. I cut the "A" out of an old basketball program and sealed it on my nail with top coat.
- Wet n Wild - Red Red
- Ulta - Moody Blues
- Julep - America
- Sally Hansen - White On
- L.A. Girls Glitter Addict - Celebrate
- 2mm red round studs
- "A" decal or clipping
- Blue loose glitter (can also use glitter polish if you have it)
- Nail art brush
- Makeup sponge
- Base and top coats
Not a U of A fan? This design can be used for any school if you change the colors and logo. To create this look:
- Apply the base colors - thumb in White On, index in America, middle in Moody Blues, and ring and pinky in Red Red.
- Apply clear coat to the index finger, then use a nail brush and loose blue glitter to create a gradient on the tip. If you have a nice blue glitter polish, you can use that instead. If you are using loose glitter, dab the glitter a couple times with your finger to get some of the excess off, then coat with top coat. Make sure there is a lot of top coat on the brush so the brush won't drag in the glitter. IMPORTANT: Before dipping the brush back in the bottle, wipe it on a piece of paper so you aren't adding glitter to your clear top coat.
- Add 2mm red round studs to the middle finger and seal on with top coat.
- Apply an "A" decal or clipping to the ring finger. If using a clipping, be sure to make the paper rounded by bending it a little. That way it will form to the shape of the nail better and won't stick up around the edges.
- Use a wet makeup sponge to create a red/blue gradient on the pinky with Red Red and Moody Blues.
- Apply a coat of Celebrate to the thumb. This polish has a mix of red and blue glitter, so it is perfect for the theme.
Enjoy the game! Bear Down!!!