These glacier inspired nails will have you feeling the chill of how "cool" they look. :) I decided to try a new technique to create the worn effect on my glacier nails.
These nails look great as is, our you can add embellishments as I did below.
- Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - White On
- Sinful Colors - Cinderella
- Kleancolor Glitter 3D - What A Steal!
- Nail polish remover
- Base and top coats
This is a really easy look to create...anyone can do it. I can't wait to try the technique using other colors. To create this look:
- Apply a blue glitter base color, and a layer of top coat. This will be the bottom layer when it comes time to remove the polish. The blue glittery polish is perfect for the shadowy parts of the glacier.
- Apply a few coats of Cinderella for the next layer of color. Add a coat of top coat.
- Apply a couple coats of white polish for the final layer. You don't need to apply top coat to this layer, but I did to make the polish dry faster.
- Using a q-tip dipped in nail polish remover, slowly rub away layers to reveal the different colors. When you reach the desired effect, seal it with top coat.
If you feel like taking the design up a notch, you can always add embellishments.
Here, I added some gold rimmed pearls to go with the wintery theme, and add a little classy flair.
I received the gold rimmed pearls from Born Pretty Store in exchange for an honest review. The wheel is full of 4mm gold rimmed pearls, in all the colors of the rainbow. They are flat-backed so they are easy to place. There are supposed to be 100 pieces, but I only got 50. This may be because I received it as a free sample. That discrepancy aside, the array of colors is great, and the quality is good. I just glued the pearls on my nails without going over them with top coat, and they stayed on quite nicely. I can't wait to try the other colors. There are a lot of great red and green pearls, so that will be prefect for some Christmas designs.
For these or other nail art supplies, don't forget to use coupon code GHLQ10 for 10% off your entire purchase.