Aside from Christmas trees, poinsettias are probably the next most common foliage used for décor this time of year. Their red and green colors certainly make them the perfect Christmas plant. This design uses freehand painting for the flowers, but it is quite simple.
- Ulta - Envy
- Wet n Wild - Red Red
- Wild and Crazy - Wild Vision
- Sinful Colors - Rich in Heart
- Base and top coats
- Nail art brush
- Gold caviar beads
If you want the poinsettias to be even brighter, paint white under the flowers first (do step 2 in white polish, then in red). Painting the red over the dark green darkens it a bit, but I like that it isn't too bright. The photo above actually looks brighter too because of the lighting. In normal indoor lighting, it is pretty dark. To create this look:
- Apply a dark green base color.
- Use a nail art brush and red polish to paint the poinsettia petals on the tips of each nail.
- Use Wild Vision to add some shading to the petals.
- Add some finer details with an even darker red like Rich in Heart.
- Add four to five gold caviar beads to the center of each flower, and seal on with top coat.
Hope you all had a nice Christmas Eve. I'm enjoying the last of my Christmas tree before it goes away.