For the inaugural 2014 runDisney Avengers Super Heroes Half Marathon Weekend at Disneyland Resort, limited edition Avengers Dooney & Bourke bags and wristlets were released. I was lucky enough to get a cute cross-body from my aunty for Christmas! These nails are inspired by the purse.
The purse is covered with bright circular symbols for the Avengers. There is a fuchsia Black Widow, purple Hawkeye, green Hulk, teal Thor, blue Captain America, dark blue S.H.I.E.L.D., and of course the Avengers "A" which appears in blue and fuchsia.
- Wet n Wild - Black Crème
- Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - White On
- Maybelline Color Show - Pink Shock
- Piggy Polish - Polar Sea Ice
- Piggy Polish - Sub-Lime
- Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Pacific Blue
- Base and top coats
- Nail art brush
Although the designs look simplistic, they are not simple to paint. This definitely requires some advanced lining skills because there are a lot of thin lines in this design. To create this look:
- Apply a black base color.
- Paint white circles on each nail. This is where the symbols will go, and the white will help the colors pop over the black polish. For the thumb, make sure to add the extra legs for where the "A" will go past the circle.
- Paint over the white circles - thumb and pinky with Pink Shock, index with Polar Sea Ice, middle with Sub-Lime, and ring with Pacific Blue.
- Avengers "A"
- Using black polish, paint the outer sides of the "A" first, then the inner sides of the legs.
- Add the triangle to the center of the "A" and the arrow point.
- Fill in the rest of the circle, leaving a rim of fuchsia.
- Outline the hammer first. Do not close off the bottom of the handle, as that will connect with the outer rim.
- Outline the circle, leaving a rim of teal, and fill in the rest. Remember not to close off the bottom of the handle.
- Add a thin line on each edge of the hammer's head, then paint diagonal lines down the hammer's handle.
- Paint a large circle to create the outer rim.
- Paint a small circle in the center, for the center of the biohazard symbol.
- Paint three black wedges, leaving three green ones.
- Paint the inner circle first.
- Paint the black background around the star. This can be tricky since you are painting the reverse area of a star.
- Add another black circle around the inner/star circle. This creates the rim, as well as the stripe on Captain America's shield.
- Paint a circle to create the rim of the circle.
- Add two horizontal lines, one at the top and one at the bottom, inside the inner circle.
- Connect the horizontal lines with triangular, pointed lines, to finish the black widow mark.
Here is another shot with the purse that inspired it all.