Turtle power! Time for another movie mani :) So if you couldn't tell by the post title, or you don't know who those turtles are in the picture above, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is in theaters today! Initially, I was going to paint the turtles to look like they do in the current movie, but it wasn't turning out. So I looked online, and found this design by Jessica Vero for the turtles, and then added a pizza nail for the thumb.
Ninja Turtles were my FAVORITE when I was little. I'd always ask for ninja turtle stuff for birthday and Christmas presents, so have a lot of them. I also have the turtle sewer house, the Technodrome, and the turtle van. No dolls for this girl...TMNT all the way (although I did like Barbies).
Go ninja, go ninja, GO!
- Ulta - Sun-Sational
- Sally Hansen Triple Shine - Kelp Out
- Sally Hansen Triple Shine - Vanity Flare
- Wet n Wild - Red Red
- Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Pacific Blue
- SF Giants - Orange
- Wet n Wild - Black Crème
- Bundle Monster - Angelic White
- Dark and light brown polish or paint
- Nail art brush
- Base and top coats
This is a fun design, that I'm sure brings a lot of fond memories and nostalgia for a lot of people. To create this look:
- Apply the base colors. The thumb should be white, and all other nails yellow. Sun-Sational is a creamy yellow that is bright, but not too bright, so it won't take away from the turtles.
- Paint the ninja turtles.
- Paint green half circles on the tips for the turtles' heads.
- Using a nail art brush, paint the masks. Purple for Donatello, red for Raphael, blue for Leonardo, and orange for Michelangelo.
- Use black polish and a nail brush to paint all the outlines.
- Use white polish and a nail brush to paint in all the eyes.
- Use yellow polish and a nail brush to paint 5 pizza slices at different angles.
- Paint a dark brown line to separate the crust from the pizza.
- Paint lighter brown around the edges of the crust and blend it in.
- Use red polish to paint the edges of the pizza to show the sauce, and add 2-3 pepperoni circles on each slice.