Mischief managed. I loved the Harry Potter books and the movies. It was hard to decide what to paint on my nails for this one because there are so many options. I ended up with a more Harry focused look with his owl, Hedwig, and his house colors of Gryffindor.
I wanted to do owls delivering mail, but it didn't match with the rest of the look I was going for. I'll have to do another design I guess :) I also wanted to do something with the golden snitch, so that will be another design too. And maybe something with a patronus. Expecto patronum! Harry Potter has a very autumn/Halloween feel, so I'll try to mix in some different designs with my regular Halloween nails next month.
- Wet n Wild - French White Crème
- Wet n Wild - Black Crème
- Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Wet Cement
- Ulta - Sun-Sational
- Sinful Color - Let's Meet
- Wild and Crazy - Wild Vision
- Bundle Monster - Liquid Gold
- Fine detailing nail art brush
- Masking tape
- Base and top coats
This is a more advanced look in terms of painting. The freehand detailing takes a steady hand. To create this look:
- Apply the base colors - thumb and ring in Liquid Gold, index in black, and middle and pinky in white. Liquid Gold by Bundle Monster is a yellow gold that is perfect for the Gryffindor house color.
- Using Liquid Gold and a fine detailing nail art brush, paint the Harry Potter logo on the index finger.
- Paint Hedwig on the middle finger.
- Paint two yellow ovals for eyes with Sun-Sational, and a line of Let's Meet across the top
- Mix the grey polish with some clear top coat to make it sheer, then paint it under the eyes and around the center of the face.
- Use black to outline the eyes, paint pupils, and a beak. Make a sheer black to feather out around the beak.
- Dot white highlight marks on the pupils.